To All Sarasota County Residents
Great News to cheer about!
Dear Residents of Sarasota County.
We know that you will take pride of the achievements of the Cardiovascular Disease Assessment Center of Sarasota during this past year. Accordingly, we are providing you with an update of our accomplishments.
First, we were invited to give an original oral presentation entitled “Pre-Hypertension is a Disease Associated with a Significant Structural and Functional Abnormality. It is Time to Lower the Bar” at the American Heart Association High Blood Pressure Meeting in Washington, D.C. on September 22nd, 2012 at a special session entitled “New Clinical Concepts”
In addition to that, we were invited by the Dean of the College of Medicine and Chief of Cardiology at the University of Zagreb/Croatia, who is also President of the Croatian Society of Cardiology in Europe to speak at their Annual Meeting, October 13-16 in Opatia, Croatia on the topics of novel approaches for cardiovascular disease assessment which we have been utilizing for the last four years here in Sarasota as the first beta site for the University of Minnesota and second center of its kind in the whole nation.
I am also very pleased to let you know that we have been fortunate and successful this year in making several novel presentations and providing numerous educational programs and lectures throughout the United States, Europe, Middle East, and Asia. The topics are all founded on the results of our findings and observations at the Cardiovascular Disease Assessment Center.
A partial list of the presentation venues during the past year are listed below:
In the United States
- American Heart Association/Stroke annual meeting
- American Heart Quality Assurance annual meeting
- American Society for Hypertension annual meeting
- Society for Cardiovascular Computed Tomography annual meeting
- American College of Cardiology annual meeting
- American Society of Preventive Cardiology
- European Society of Heart Failure annual meeting
- Slovenian Society of Cardiology annual meeting
- 4th Dubrovnic Cardiology Highlights: An ESC Update Program in Cardiology, Dubrovnik, Croatia
- European Society of Preventive Cardiology
- Croatian Society of Preventive Cardiology
In Africa/Middle East/Asia
- Egyptian Society of Cardiology annual meeting, Cairo
- Egyptian Society of Hypertension annual meeting
- World Congress of Cardiology, Dubai
- World Congress od Cardiology
In addition, presentations on novel approach for cardiovascular disease prevention were given during our National and International Annual Cardiology Symposiums over the last 29 years.
Many presentations were also given at several local meetings including;
- Gulf Coast Medical Society
- Several Grand Rounds at Sarasota Memorial Hospital
- Public lectures at Doctors Hospital of Sarasota and several other venues in Sarasota, FL
Topics presented include:
- Novel Approach For Treatment of Dislipidemia using PCSK9 Inhibitors
- Cardiovascular Disease Prevention
- Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- Diabetic Heart Disease
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Acute and Chronic Coronary Syndromes
- Heart Failure
- Atrial Fibrillation and Stroke Prevention
- Cardiac Hemodynamic-Catheterization
- Cardiomyopathies with Particular Reference to the Role of Electrolytes and Trace Metals, such as Magnesium and Potassium
- Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
We are sure that all Sarasota County residents would be proud of our achievements during the past year not only in making novel observations and discoveries in the area of cardiovascular disease prevention, but also in sharing this with the public and with other physicians in the world health community!
We hope that the Cardiovascular Disease Assessment Center, currently at the Cardiovascular Center of Sarasota, will continue to contribute to many novel discoveries in the area of cardiovascular disease prevention and keeping the good reputation of the Sarasota healthcare community at the top.
For more details about the original contribution we have made in the area of Cardiovascular disease prevention published and presented at national and international meeting click here.
M. El Shahawy, MD and the Cardiovascular Disease Assessment Team